Interfaces with AlphaStaff clients and employees and other customers on benefit plan related questions and resolves issues in a timely, professional manner. Directly supports the general business operations of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explain complex policy and coverage information in easy to understand terms to clients and plan participants.
- Communicate and coordinate plan changes, open enrollment and acquisition integration of benefit plans for new and existing clients and plan participants
- Answer, research and respond to internal and external benefit inquiries. Work with designated carrier representatives to resolve complex benefit issues including but not limited to eligibility discrepancies, claim payments, QMSCO, FSA administration and benefit plan interpretations.
- Ensure all benefit related documents are thoroughly reviewed, completed and processed in a timely manner.
- Assist with various projects and assignments to continuously improve departmental efficiencies.
- Conducts audits as necessary. Communicates programs with clients and plan participants, reconcile monthly statements for various benefit plans.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, other federal, state and local standards and company attendance policies and procedures
- Ability to come to work and work the regular schedule and shift for the position
- Compliance with all personnel policies and procedures Other responsibilities assigned by management.
Associate’s degree required or 3-5 years combined equivalent of work experience and education
1 to 3 years
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and present solutions for a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, email software and other related programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and present solutions for a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Word processing, spreadsheets, email software and other related programs.
- Customer Orientation – Strong commitment to customer service both internally and externally; work to exceed all customers’ expectations.
- Personal Credibility – Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Interpersonal Communications – The ability to ensure that information is passed on to other who should be kept informed, focuses communications on solving conflict and maintains confidentiality.
- Building Collaborative Relationships – The ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with other inside or outside the organization, who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Job Knowledge – Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the duties, methods and procedures required by the job. Knows how position adds to success of organization.