Benefits Reconciliation Specialist
Position Summary: The Benefits Reconciliation Specialist is responsible for verifying that transactions, posted in our billing system, accurately balance to the amounts that are paid to our business partners. Applicants must be able to define problems and draw valid conclusions, analyzing situations and challenges in a systematic, logical approach. Ideal candidates should be extremely detail oriented, maintain a high level of organization and exhibit a strong commitment to customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate calculation, analysis, and appropriate corrective actions of benefit reconciliations
- Compare and reconcile benefits plan invoices to client billings, including detailed research as needed
- Receive, file and/or distribute confidential information
- Prepare check requests for plan billings
- Transmit weekly file feed updates to carriers with subsequent validation and reconciliation
- Provide support to clients and carriers
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with all levels of internal and with external business partners
- Support the Team Lead in all benefit reconciliation activities
- Self-monitor and audit work performed
- Other special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge of general Accounting skills (debit\credit) required
- Strong Excel skills (including VLOOKUP and pivot tables) required
- Benefits and Payroll administration experience a plus
- FSA, HSA and COBRA experience highly preferred
- File feed preparation and transmission highly preferred
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills with the ability to interact with staff in multiple departments
- Strong customer service skills and approachable demeaner
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment to complete assigned tasks
- Customer Service– Exhibits a strong commitment to customer service both internal and externally. Will respond promptly to customer (internal and external) requests\needs and will meet deadlines.
- Critical Thinking – Disciplined thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed. Analyzing situations and challenges in a systematic, logical approach.
- Independent – Able to work independently and exercise professional judgment to complete assigned tasks.
- Communication Skills – Ability to effectively present information, to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed, focuses communication on solving conflict and maintains confidentiality.
- Dependability – Able to consistently arrive at work on time, follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.