Jr. Salesforce Administrator
Position Summary: This Junior Salesforce Administrator provides end-user support and builds business solutions on the Salesforce.com platform. The working environment is fast-paced with high expectations, requiring strong commitment, communications, and work ethic. This is a full-time position and may require off-hour support.
AlphaStaff, Inc., is a one of the largest privately-owned human resources outsourcing companies specializing in human resources management, medical and benefits solutions, payroll and other key aspects of relieving the administrative burden of operating small and medium size businesses. AlphaStaff has approximately 100 corporate employees, has operations across the United States and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day end-user support and educate users with best practices to enhance and increase their knowledge of Salesforce application
- Manage Salesforce user accounts, profiles, permissions, configurations, page layouts, etc.
- Manage operational requests such as creating workflow rules, validation, new fields, advanced formulas, custom objects, etc.
- Follow good development practices by testing changes thoroughly within the Salesforce sandbox before deploying to production
- Act as a junior administrator to help maintain the system as it grows
- Maintain data consistency and integrity across all Salesforce objects
- Function as the primary contact for internal users as a Salesforce subject matter expert to troubleshoot user issues and foster user utilization of the platform
- Maintain proper documentation of processes, policies, configurations and any changes that are made to the system
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and resolve user requests
- Assist users across all departments with building, maintaining, and monitoring effective reports and dashboards
- Upkeep internal Salesforce FAQ and knowledge center
- Perform regular and ad hoc data loading into Salesforce
- Analyze business requirements, procedures and problems to provide solutions
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific short-term projects
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Identify training needs for end users, develop and facilitate training
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, other federal, state and local standards and company attendance policies and procedures
- Ability to come to work and work the regular schedule and shift for the position
- Compliance with all personnel policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities assigned by management
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or 5+ years combined experience and education
- 1+ years with direct, hands on Salesforce experience as an administrator preferred
- CAPM or PMP preferred but not required
- Strong problem-solving skills and can work cross-functionally in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to multi task and consistently manage work load.
- Ability to learn, adapt to new situations and train and develop others
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and present solutions for a variety of situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications, schematics, technical manuals, and federal, state and local regulations
- Ability to write general business correspondence, and communicate with vendors, and co-workers
Reasoning Ability: Ability to troubleshoot problems and present solutions for a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and crouch; work with tools and machinery, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb and lift 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.