Position Summary: We are seeking a Full Stack Web Application Developer who supports all applications. This position will support, update, and write software and utilities that meet clients’ and company requirements and maintain web servers’ stability. The developer may work with multiple programming languages and operating systems. Responsibilities of the Application Developer are designing, writing, maintaining, supporting, debugging, implementing, and improving the source code that makes up the application performance and interfaces. The Application Developer may also be responsible for designing and developing new applications to automate manual tasks or writing new reports using Informer or SQL Database. The developer maintains internal and external applications with special focus on the self-service components used to support clients as well as company and department objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Analysis and Solution
- Recognize the needs of customers and create new application features that answer those needs
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Communicate clearly his/her ideas to teammates and management
- Exceptional customer service skills to answer questions and fix issues
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our users
- Possess understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Provide training of applications as needed
- Write high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Download and apply patches and upgrades of vendor-provided applications and stay current of new releases
- Install new releases during the off-business hours
- Invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update, and add new features
- Support all API integrations including Salesforce integration by reviewing Apex classes in Salesforce
- Write queries to meet clients’ data feed requests
- Coordinate and becomes a liaison between AlphaStaff and the vendors
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or five years combined of work experience and education
- Expert UI Development, database design, APIs, back-end server development, open source projects, frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Five years’ experience using Soap API or REST API
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Certified application developer is a plus
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to troubleshoot problems and present solutions for a variety of situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and crouch; work with tools and machinery, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb and lift 20 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.