Talent Acquisition Specialist/HR Generalist
Position Summary: The Talent Acquisition Specialist is mainly responsible for acquiring new talent throughout the organization servicing multiple functional areas reporting to the Corporate Head of HR. This role will develop recruiting strategies in support of the organizations objectives, while emphasizing on departmental specialties. The recruiter will source, attract, screen, interview, onboard, asses and provide hiring recommendations to senior leadership in all levels of the organization from C-suite to Sales to Administration. This role may have additional Human Resource activities in support of the Corp Head of HR.
AlphaStaff, Inc., is a one of the largest privately-owned human resources outsourcing companies specializing in human resources management, medical and benefits solutions, payroll and other key aspects of relieving the administrative burden of operating small and medium size businesses. AlphaStaff has approximately 100 corporate employees, has operations across the United States and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Update and finalize job description and job specifications in coordination with hiring manager.
- Identify sourcing strategy for role to include databases, social media, educational institutions, etc.
- Prepare recruitment material and post jobs internally and externally in appropriate job boards/colleges/social media/professional organizations, etc. as needed.
- Determine, distribute and collect results of any pre-hire assessment.
- Screen candidates resume and applications in conjunction or replacement of the hiring manager.
- Conduct initial or final interview using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates in collaboration with hiring manager.
- Assess, with hiring manager, applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes to determine best candidate for the role.
- Construct offer, acquire approval from Finance and provide offer to candidate.
- Conduct reference and background checks on applicants.
- Manage the onboarding process of the new employee and ensure new employee is fully integrated into the process including scheduling new hire orientation.
- Develop new hire announcement and distribute throughout the organization.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team.
- Conduct essential payroll activities such as new hire, terminations, pay rate changes and reporting structure updates amongst others.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process with internal and external clients.
- Support in HR generalist functions and activities.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi task and consistently lead and direct the work of others
- Ability to learn, adapt to new situations and train and develop team members
- Strong Customer Orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Results driven
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred
- 5-6 years of work experience in recruiting and/or HR related fields
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office 365 products