Employee Benefits Sales Consultant - Agency
The Account Executive works closely with underwriting and implementation on the account management and renewal of all AlphaStaff client sponsored plans. This position interacts with the assigned book of business, the carriers, AlphaStaff Underwriting Team and the Benefit Operations Team.
• Support our Agency’s book of business and manage with a focus on sales and retention which includes commission and bonus opportunities.
• Works with the assigned clients to develop a strategy for all benefits renewals.
• Partner with underwriting team to prepare benefit and financial illustrations, along with PowerPoint presentations when needed for renewal process.
• Become a subject matter expert in our Supplemental & Worksite Product offerings as well as in open market Client Sponsored Plan carriers and plans. Conduct carrier product training and communicate updates as needed to internal staff.
• Team up with the Benefits Operations Team to implement all renewals through hand-off.
• Work closely with Benefits Operations Manager to assist with product questions for ongoing management of the assigned client accounts.
• Maintain and update prospect and client data in Salesforce.
• Assist Market Development in creating and updating collateral materials as needed for each client.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 2-year degree in a related field preferred.
• Must have an active 2-15 life and health insurance license.
• Underwriting knowledge with 3+ years of carrier, agency or PEO experience.
• Understanding of alternate funding strategies, a plus.
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office with advanced Excel skills.
• Salesforce experience a plus.
• Good follow up skills, detail oriented and relationship driven.