Human Resources Account Manager
The HR Account Manager provides a broad array of support to client companies through virtual contact (over the phone and through e-mails) and onsite visits. The HR Account Manager will provide support to these client companies by providing awareness of HR laws and best practices.
- Act as an HR consultant to client companies by providing guidance and support on employee relations issues including, but not limited to, performance appraisals, performance improvement plans, terminations, etc., to ensure client is using HR best practices and reducing risk to the client company
- Coach and counsel client companies by identifying problems, evaluating potential solutions and assist clients implement agreed-upon solutions
- Ensure client companies comply with federal, state, and local regulatory and statutory requirements by staying up to date with existing and new legislation and advising clients of needed actions
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal and professional networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Provide clients guidance and counsel with the development and implementation of company policies and procedures
- Ensure client complies comply with all leave of absence regulatory compliance requirements, including FMLA, ADA, state leaves of absence, disability leaves, etc., by providing subject matter expertise, guidance and counsel on eligibility and reporting
- Assist clients with vendor management of HR programs such as background screenings, drug testing, job postings and salary surveys
- Work with other Company departments Assist in various account management activities, including but not limited to, working with client companies to communicate contract negotiations, price adjustments, open enrollment of benefits, WC and SUTA increases etc.
- Conduct annual HR Assessments for client companies and HR outreaches on a monthly or quarterly basis based on client designation
- Develop handbooks for client companies using standard content that is state and federal compliant
- Lead and deliver training initiatives for client groups
- Investigate employee relations issues that occur at client groups and communicate outcome
- Partner with Sales team in meetings with prospective clients and brokers
- Compliance with all Company personnel policies and procedures
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- PHR/SPHR required
- 8 to 10 years of progressive leadership experience in a Human Resource position
- Professional employer organization (PEO) experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of payroll, employee benefits, and workers’ compensation a plus
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service or client services background
- Specialized training in employee relations and organization training and development
- Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills
- Able to multitask and consistently lead and direct the work of others.
- Able to learn, adapt to new situations and train and develop team members and direct reports.
- Experienced public speaker and able to conduct group presentations in person or via webinars
- Experienced with labor unions with specific knowledge of the laws, regulations, and procedures of collective bargaining
- Travel may be required based location of clients
- Able to perform essential job functions safely and successfully consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards