The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll for a variety of client companies across multiple states and pay frequencies, ensuring quality thresholds are maintained for all payroll transactions and customer service levels are in line with organizational expectations.
• Processes client payrolls, reviews initialized payroll and corrects/questions errors to ensure payroll is accurate prior to invoice delivery.
• Assists clients with general inquiries involving invoices, reports, and AlphaStaff forms/policies.
• Executes HR changes for client employees through data entry and Web pulls.
• Manages PTO set ups and ongoing adjustments.
• Provides excellent customer service to all AlphaStaff internal and external clients.
• Delivers client payroll reports as needed and delivers specifications to IT when customized reports are required and performs QA testing for custom client reports.
• Utilizes Salesforce in conjunction with Outlook to track and manage all open client issues, interdepartmental matters, client complaints, supplemental pay runs, and all other action items that require a response or follow-up.
• Resolves client manager and client employee user security inquiries in HRIS web portal (AlphaSource).
• Ensures client processing notes are current and accurate for entire client base.
• Enhances payroll subject-matter knowledge through self-guided research and group workshops for the purpose of acquiring or maintaining.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, other federal, state and local standards and company attendance policies and procedures.
• Compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
• Manages E-Verify process for participant client companies (set-up and maintenance).
• Prioritizes critical maintenance for payroll processing and monitors client trends reporting excessive late submissions to supervisor, also supports ongoing enhancement initiatives for key systems (OnBase, HRP, Salesforce, etc.).
• Main point of contact for client specific/exception payroll maintenance.
• Other responsibilities assigned by management.
3-5 years of related work experience
Familiar with what areas, knowledge, industry skills etc.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
Ability to multi task and consistently provide superior customer service.
Ability to learn and adapt to new situations.
HRP/Prism PEO Software desired
Excel Skills – Vlookup, formatting skills desired
Associate’s degree required or 3-5 years combined equivalent of related work experience and education.