Unemployment Claims Specialist
This is an entry level position supporting Unemployment Claims Management. The primary function of the Unemployment Claims Specialist is the timely, efficient processing of unemployment’s claims from receipt to completion and working closely with senior level Unemployment Claims Consultant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Receive, open, sort and stamp claims, determinations, and hearings received from the state.
· Input mail received to unemployment claims system.
· Investigate claims received and collect information from the client records and contacts for timely claim/determinations protests.
· Contact client to obtain additional information as requested by state within time frame established by the state.
· Keep Sr. Claims Consultant informed of client/state inquires.
· Respond to the state with appropriate information to contest the claim.
· Submit claims protest to the appropriate state within the time frame established.
· Copy Sr. Claims Consultant on ALL client inquires and claims protests.
· Code claims and determinations in internal software (UCA 360)
· Update claims status in software including: requests for more information, contact with the client, disposition of the claim.
· Scan/attach all documents associated with the claim to the electronic claims file.
· File maintain physical file.
· Review/forward/notify Sr. Claims Consultant of all unfavorable determinations for possible next steps.
· Make recommendations on the feasibility of further appeals.
· Gather additional documentation from client if needed
· File appeals as requested.
· Assist in hearing preparation.
· Attend as a witness on timeliness issues as needed.
· Verify benefit charge statements
- Maintain paper and electronic files for claims, determinations and appeals.
- Contact client as needed to obtain information reason for employment separation.
- Timely respond to all assigned claims. Defend AlphaStaff and our clients on all contestable claims.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Preference given to experience with unemployment claims knowledge and SIDES
- 1-3 Yrs. Work experience in support capacity for Human Resource/Employee relations function. PHR, or degree in HR preferred.
- Strong speed/data entry skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus.