Business Development Manager (Oakland/Bay Area)
Position Summary: The Business Development Manager (BDM) will leverage existing relationships with strategic partners, as well as develop new relationships, with the goal of educating those partners as to our Company’s value proposition, identifying leads and closing deals. The BDM will be responsible for maintaining a strong and steady pipeline of small to medium sized companies that will result in closed deals and substantial residual compensation over the life of the account.
AlphaStaff, Inc., is a one of the largest privately-owned human resources outsourcing companies specializing in human resources management, medical and benefits solutions, payroll and other key aspects of relieving the administrative burden of operating small and medium size businesses. AlphaStaff has approximately 100 corporate employees, has operations across the United States and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Find and develop prospects by networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling, referral partners, etc.
- Use a consultative selling approach to establish a trusted advisor relationship with prospects to determine their needs and tailor a solution with the right mix of AlphaStaff products
- Track all sales activities in the company’s CRM system to ensure accurate sales reporting
- Execute the company’s proven go-to-market strategies and achieve individual and company quota targets
- Ensure excellent customer service and represent the company in accordance with the company’s guiding principles and core values
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven ability to sell a complex value proposition
- Track record of success in developing channel sales and in building and developing client relationships. Experience selling to senior level and C-level executives is desired.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in consultative sales is desired
- Background in PEO or HR outsourcing/payroll is desired but not required
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills are required
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter and possess the ability to work autonomously
- Must be computer literate
- SalesForce experience is a plus