Senior Benefits Underwriting Analyst
Position Summary: The Senior Benefits Underwriting Analyst is the single point of contact for assigned master medical program(s). This includes all pre-sale functions including prospect pre-qualification, data gathering, underwriting, Business Development Manager (BDM) strategy discussion and recommendations, sales illustrations, implementation of sold group, organized handoff to Benefits Operations Department, carrier calls and training, coordination of internal and external product training, certificate review, ongoing updates of collateral material related to plan and maintain relationship with 3rd party vendors and partners.
AlphaStaff, Inc., is a one of the largest privately-owned human resources outsourcing companies specializing in human resources management, medical and benefits solutions, payroll and other key aspects of relieving the administrative burden of operating small and medium size businesses. AlphaStaff has approximately 100 corporate employees, has operations across the United States and is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- SME for assigned master plan(s)
- First point of contact for assigned master plan(s)
- Pre-qualification of prospects for the assigned medical master.
- Work closely with the territory Business Development Managers (BDMs) to develop plan strategy for new prospects and renewals
- Prepare benefit and financial illustrations, along with PowerPoint presentations when needed for pre-sale and renewal process
- Main point of contact for any 3rd party relationships in the market
- Complete knowledge of assigned master plan(s) for product design and overall questions
- Complete knowledge of our supplemental & worksite product offerings
- Conduct monthly product raining for AlphaStaff BDMs and communicate any updates
- Conduct quarterly product training for internal AlphaStaff employees
- Request benefits cost master and provide to BDM or client for signature
- Work closely with the benefits implementation team to implement new groups through hand-off
- Work closely with Benefits Operations Manager to assist with product questions for ongoing management of the client account
- Work closely with Agency Director on the annual renewal of the master plan/s and implementing new rates and changes
- Work the renewals for all clients on the assigned master plan(s) and deliver renewals to AlphaStaff BDMs for delivery to broker or client
- Weekly pre-sale calls with the market BDMs for master medical and supplemental products
- Maintain prospect and client data and updates in Salesforce.
- Work closely with marketing department to create and update collateral materials for master plan(s)
- Work closely with master carrier to review all contracts for accuracy and communicate changes needed.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Active 2-15 Life and Health license preferred
- Knowledge of underwriting with 3+ years of carrier, agency or PEO experience
- Knowledge of alternate funding strategies a plus
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus